Monday, June 23, 2008

THE PROPOSAL!!!!

Well it's OFFICIAL :) Cameron and I are truly getting married. Last night he proposed. It was perfect!!! I was totally surprised!! Even though I knew it was coming any day. I really didn't think it was going to happen yesterday. Because going for the walk was my idea, wait it is always my idea! haha Well I'll give yall the scoop! Our friend Jeff has a Honda Shadow and is kind enough to let us take it out for rides pretty much whenever we want. So we decided to take it out for a ride up Logan Canyon to the River Trail. One of our new favorite places to walk. The trail is about 3 miles or so but we usually don't ever do the whole thing because we walk when the sun is starting to go down. We walked for about an hour or so up the trail and up the cut backs.. and Cameron complained the whole time... I'm tired! My feet hurt!! hahaha He's my little lazy butt!!! So we decided to turn around and start heading back to the bottom and when we were getting near to the end he plopped down on a big rock and said "I need a rest" so we sat there for awhile and talked and kissed of course! Thats when he Popped the Question!!! "Will you do me a favor?" he asked.."Yep What?" I replied.... "Will You Be My Wife?"..... "YES"!! I replied after my heart skipped a beat!!! Then he said... "Guess what I brought??" and he pulled the ring out of his pocket. Then he slipped it on my finger... I never thought my hand would look so funny when I got to wear such a beautiful thing!!! I cut my nail bed in the shower that morning with my razer blade! hahaha Hense the "CARS" band-aid!! hahaha I can't even begin to express what a LUCKY girl I am to snag such an amazing person that I don't deserve!! I'm so excited to be with him FOREVER!!! What an amazing day!!! Motorcycles, Water, Mountains, Walking and being with him!!!!

Second Damn (Up Logan Canyon) Looking over toward the River Trail Bridge. River Trail Bridge ViewRiver TrailRiver Trail Where Cameron Proposed!!! That is Our Rock!Our Rock Again!!!The Ring & Ugly Band-aide!! This picture doesn't do it justice..
Ask Momma Steele & Momma Forrey!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!! We should have a CHY shower ;)

The Rasmussen Family said...

I LOVE IT JESS! Car band-aid and all! I am so happy for you!!!

Jaime said...

SOo cute! I love your ring. COngrats!!

DAVIS said...

Jess!! That is so exciting! It makes it even better that he got to suprise you! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous.. did you pick it out.. or did he? I am so excited for you!! CONGRATS!!

Grandpa Mash said...

There are very few things in this life that are more meaningful that your experience with Cameron on your walk. What a cool place to go.
WE SURE ARE HAPPY!!!! We know you are as well.

Love
Dad

fourballerinas said...

Congratulations Jessica. I'm glad he finally did it. I'm so happy that you are so happy. Of course you deserve him- you're a beautiful daughter of God and don't you forget that. I wish I was closer so I could help with your wedding plans. There's a cute little story in the June Friend about a mom's wedding dress. You should read it. "For Little Friends". Love ya, Audrey

Aaron & Megan said...

I was hoping to find this post today. Congratulations! What a beautiful ring!

I think that one of the best things about being married is the peace of mind it brings. I know that no matter what happens in life, I will always have Aaron right there with me.

Jaime said...

SOuthern Cali is a great place but very expensive. We will be in South Pasadena for 2 years. For a 2 bedroom 1000 sq. ft. apartment we will pay about $1650 per month.

Scottie and Tasha said...

Sorry I'm a bit late on commenting! I love it Jess. It is a beautiful ring. I think the band-aid adds a nice touch! Love ya! Let's start planning!

Tuesdee said...

Congratulation!!! The Ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad you are blogging so we can all be a part of your fun!!

Jake said...

congrats little sis... We are so excited for you!!!

old mother hubbard said...

i love you and cameron. i am so happy for you. you are worthy of all the happiness that he has brought to you. lets gets planning. love mommy

Onyx said...

Don't kid yourself, you have such a wonderful guy because you are a wonderful person. He probably feels the same way about you. I have never been so proud of you as I have been the last several months and it only grows. We are so excited to have Cameron because he makes you happy in a way that I have never seen you happy before.

Jamie and Tom said...

Jessica!!!! YAY!! I love cameron! You two are PERFECT!! My mom is mad he didn't ask her for permission first though... but we're both super excited for you!!! :)

Luke and Mary said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm way happy for you and your ring is gorgeous! The cars bandaid just made the ring even more beautiful! :)

Luke and Mary said...

Hey... i don't have your email address otherwise i'd email this info to you--but i'm having a layers party (modest shirts, swimsuits, dresses etc) and if nothing else, they'll be FOOD :) and friends...
its Thurs. July 10 from 5:30-8:30 (open house) you can check out their website at www.layersclothing.com and if you want to come you can email me and i'll give my address. marylou_hoo@hotmail.com
You can bring friends too!

Teandra said...

Hi Jessica! I'm so happy for you. My husband's going to be a commercial pilot too...eventually. Good luck with everything!